Monday, November 14, 2011

Snow, snow, and more snow!

We have already had several snowy days in Calgary, today included.  We just got back from a trip to Houston for a few days and the difference in the weather is shocking!  It made me realize how spoiled I was in Texas, with 80 degree weather in November!  Unfortunately, we were traveling for the funeral of a close friend, Alex.  The services were very beautiful and it was really special that all of his friends and family could get together to celebrate his life.  He was a wonderful friend and will be greatly missed.





It is now starting to get pretty cold here, and I am told that, "this is nothing," which really worries me!  This week, the highs are minus 1, 1, 1, minus 10, minus 7, and minus 4, in Celsius of course.  It just sounds intimidating!  Penny got to experience snow for the first time, and was really confused/excited.  She investigated by digging at and eating the snow.  After being outside in the snow for the first time, she came in and ran laps around the living room and kitchen!



I tried to capture a picture of her with her snow beard, but wasn't able to.  I can already tell that she is going to enjoy the snow here but she isn't used to the ice-cold winds yet (and neither am I).

Also, it is official!  Matt and I are serious residents of Canada now.
We finally got our Canadian driver's licenses, after a long, complicated process.  They wouldn't let us smile in the pictures either!!

In the near future, Matt and I are planning on taking a trip up to Banff to check out the mountains and the skiing/snowboarding.  I cannot wait!  We have also gotten to know some of Matt's coworkers, so it is feeling a little more homey here now.  Also, our neighbor invited us to a holiday block party coming up so that all of the people living in our area will be able to get to know each other, which will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment